Thursday, August 11, 2011

What will $100 buy?


With money tight in everyone budget, $100 needs to go a long way.  You can see what I got for my $100.  Some of the things I might not have bought but they were money makers or free so I will use them or give them away.  $8 of this total was spent to satisfy a fussy baby (drink boxes, baby puffs and baby doll) so I could make it through my shopping trip.  I purchase 4 Sunday Star and Tribune papers and then also have a store that gives me their recycled papers on Monday.  Along with that I use http://www.pocketyourdollars.com/ to help me find the best deals.  I got some gifts this time...Easy Bake Cookie Cutters for girls, Cat in the Hat silly bands and Dove chocolates.  There are school supplies...tape, pens and Post It tabs.  I got lots of toilet bowl cleaner, storage containers, Q-tips, razors, baby ibuprofen, shampoo/cond. along with mousse and hairspray that will all get used up.   Yes, that is a LOT of deodorant.  I do have three males in this house so the men's will go faster than you might think.  The cookies and orange gummy rings are decorations for Rebekah's birthday cake.  The Nutri-grain bars and Rice Krispie treats are an added bonus.  Lots of great things that will last our family for many months to come so I won't have to quick run to the store and buy it at full price.

No comments:

Post a Comment