Thursday, July 14, 2011

Smore Smoothie



It has been a while since I have posted.  Summer hit and time has become limited.  I am going to share a couple of recipes tonight that I have been trying out.  I am still working on lower calorie items that some, if not all of my family will enjoy.  These smoothies are easy and went over well!  Note to self, they are not really low calorie and act more like a small meal.  They ring in at 290 with Ovaltine, 1% milk and banana (excludes garnishing).  It might well be worth it though!


8 oz. of milk
chocolate milk mix like Ovaltine, Hershey powder or Nestles measured for 8 oz of milk.
1/2 ripe banana
2 c. ice
1 large marshmallow, cut in half
1 graham cracker square, crushed
5 or 6 chocolate chips


Put milk, chocolate powder and banana into blender.  After well blended add ice and chop.  Garnish with marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips.

Enjoy this cool refreshing treat on a warm summer day or for a great breakfast treat.

2 comments:

  1. I think my kids would like this for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything chocolate and looks like dessert can go down well for breakfast! ;)

    ReplyDelete