Thursday, May 19, 2011

Walgreens, Target and Walmart...Working hard to find good deals!

I know...I need to post more recipes for those of my friends who love to cook.  I will start working on that.  I am in the craze of couponing and loving it.  Truth be told, I am also working on losing some pounds and it is hard not to eat all you cook and bake.  Right now I think I would be tempted to over eat if I did too much on the food end.  Please hang with me as I walk this road balancing my addictions to food and saving money.  Here is a break down of what I paid at the different stores this week...Remember you can find these deals on sites like:

http://www.pocketyourdollars.com/   - Pocket Your Dollars
http://www.passionforsavings.com/    - Passion For Savings
http://www.survivingthestores.com/    - Surviving The Stores
https://www.facebook.com/FrugalFabulousFinds    - Frugal Fabulous Finds (on Facebook)


Walgreens


I went through the line twice to get these good deal.

The first trip through the registers:
  • 3 Scotch Tapes - $1.99/each and with coupons they paid me $1.01+++
  • 4 Reach Tooth Brushes - $ .99/each and with coupons they paid me $ .04 + $4.00 in register rewards toward my next shopping trip.
  • 3 Gillette Body Washes - 3 for $10 and with coupons I paid $4.00 + got $3.00 register rewards towards my next shopping trip.  At the bottom of my slip they also gave me 50% off the 3rd body wash so my total became - $2.33 plus the register rewards.
  • 3 Gillette Deodorants - (There were some that were $4.99 each and would have been a better deal but Steven likes the solid sticks vs. the gels.)  $5.79 each and with coupons for buy a body wash get a deodorant free up to $4.99 each, I paid $.80/ each.  That isn't the end of this deal...They were on sale for buy one get one at 50% off so they took 50% off of one and deducted another $2.90 making to total cost of the 3 deodorants paid to me $ .50 +++ 
All together I paid $ .77 + tax + I got a $4.00 and $3.00 register rewards to use next time. 

Second trip through the registers:
  • 3 Scotch Tapes - See same deal from above
  • 4 Reach Toothbrushes - See same deal from above
  • 1 Dove Deodorant - $3.99 - They gave me a $3.00 register reward to use next time I shop.
All together I paid $2.94 - $3.00 register reward from the first time through = them paying me $ .06 + tax + another $3.00 and $4.00 register reward.  I had to buy a few extra items because they won't actually pay you cash back for your order.

All in all the total out of pocket for these items was $. 71 + taxes + I still have a $4.00, $4.00 and $3.00 register reward to use for my next visit.  Really Fun! 

Target


There are some good deals here and some that are only okay.  The beverages are okay and they will be refreshing treats as I garden and enjoy the summer.
  • T-shirts - with coupons 1 for $ .49 and 1 for $1.24 = $1.73 for 2 shirts
  • Crystal light - with coupons $ .99/ box 
  • Sure Deodorant - with coupons $ .50/each
  • Aquafresh - training toothpaste w/coupons - $ .89
  • Aquafresh - training toothbrush w/ coupons - $ .01
  • Revlon Eye Shadow - coupons made it $ .99
  • Revlon Emery Boards - coupons made it $ .99
  • Zyrtec - free with coupons (Saved $5.29 each)
  • Aluminum Foil - $ .74 w/coupon
  • Kleenex - $ .09 after coupon
  • Cutter Bug Spray - $1.99/ each after coupon
  • Up and Up Pads - $ .14/ each after coupons
  • Care Free Pads - free with coupons (Saved $ .99 each)
  • Up and Up bandages - $ .47 per box after coupons
  • Lipton boxed tea bags (decaf is more expensive) - $1.69/ each after coupons
  • Lipton bottled tea - $5.00/ each and for each 2 I bought I got a $5.00 gift card.  The total was $20.00 with $10.00 in gift cards.  (works out to be $2.50 each after gift cards)
  • Frappaccinos - $4.79/each for 2 and $4.49/each for the other 2.  For each 2 I bought I got a $5.00 gift card.  The total was $18.56 with $10 in gift cards.  (works out to be $2.14 each after gift cards)
Walmart


My last stop was at Walmart.  You might think that 8 jars of pickles is over the top.  I have tried canning our home grown pickles a couple of time and I just can't get them to work.  Some of my Kiddos and I love pickles, just not the soggy kind.  This will take us through the summer picnics and into the winter so I don't have to try to make pickles again.  That alone is a savings in money and time.

8 Vlasic pickles - after coupons $1.33/ jar for the 46 oz. size
3 French's mustard - after coupons $ .87/ bottle for 20 oz. size
3 Frank's hot sauces - with coupons $ .48/ bottle
7 KC Master Piece BBQ sauce - after coupons $ .42/ bottle
4 Duncan Hines Brownie mixes - with coupons $ .50/ box

2 comments:

  1. nice job! The Target in Crystal is giving away Catalina coupons if you buy the Revlon (well any Revlon beauty tool), so the Catalina coupons are for Revlon beauty tools $2 off of 1 or $5 off of 5. The register rings the whole coupon, not just to the price of the product, so then you get money off towards another product. It's a money-maker, like the Scotch tape at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete