Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I was woke up with a pinch!  I hadn't realized that if you don't have green on you might just get a pinch on St. Patrick's Day.  So into the closet I went to find green and avoid little fingers.  It was a joy to see the kids running around pretending to be leprechauns this morning.  They were busy hiding pots of gold and chasing each other with great excitement.  I sometimes forget that these days are filled with wonderment for children.  Rebekah's eyes were wide when I told her about the leprechaun I tried to catch and that he got away.  I decided to make rainbow cupcakes for the kids in honor of St. Patrick's Day.  They were fast and easy.  

  1. Start by taking your favorite cake recipe or mix and follow the directions.  Spoon 1/2 of the normal amount of batter into the bottom of each greased muffin cup.  
  2. Now place a drop of each rainbow color on top of the muffin batter.
   
  3.  Distribute the rest of the batter over the cup cakes.


4.  Take a toothpick and swirl and stir a bit to work the color into the batter.


5.  Bake as directed by the recipe.  When finished top with fresh whipped cream or cool whip.  Sprinkle on  a little green sugar and enjoy your St. Patrick's Day treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment