Sunday, April 3, 2011

Brownie Chocolate Mousse Trifle


This was a delicious looking dessert that I made and donated to a fundraising auction for dear friends of ours.  I pray it tasted as good as it looked.  At auction it brought $100...someone was very generous and blessed them greatly.  I want to share the recipe with you including a link on how to made those gorgeous chocolate curls.  

Ingredients

  • 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
  • 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy (if you want chocolate curls you will need 6 oz.)

Directions

  1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
  2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
  3. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.


This is the video link that shows the step by step process for making chocolate curls. I used the microwave to melt my chocolate and shortening.  I put it in for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each heating.  I also used a small loaf pan to make a thicker block of chocolate and achieve wider curls.  I found when using my peeler I pulled it towards myself and tilted it in the same direction to allow the curl to come up and over the peeler.  You will need to experiment with this to get them just the way you want them.  It really wasn't hard and totally dresses up any dessert.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JriG2xzypN4

This recipe was taken from allrecipes.com

1 comment: