Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cheese and Pepper Pasta



I don't usually have a recipe for noodle salads, I just like to mix and serve.  I like the taste of this salad but am unsure of the texture.  For some reason when I added the peppers the dressing pulled away from the noodles and it got shiny.  I have never had this happen before.  If anyone knows why or has suggestions, I would love to hear them.  Anyway...it still tastes good and we will enjoy it.  

3 c. noodles, cooked to aldente
4-6 oz. block cheese, cut into small cubes
1 red, yellow, orange or green pepper, cut into bite sized pieces

Dressing:
2 c. mayo
2 T. heavy cream
1 T. mustard
2 tsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. seasoning salt
2 T. ranch dressing
1/4 tsp. dry dill weed, crushed

Cook noodle and cool.  Mix ingredients for dressing.  Mix into noodles, adding cheese and pepper.  Chill and serve.

3 comments:

  1. It tasted wonderful, Melinda. I especially enjoyed scooping it with those parmesan garlic potato crisps along side.
    Your ever-faithful food critic/taster...Mom
    (Call whenever assistance in this area is needed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought, do you think because the peppers had been cut up and in the frig a day or so that the oil or juices in the peppers seeped out and made them a little more oily overall? Maybe that's what caused the dressing to separate a little from the pasta.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete