Friday, April 8, 2011

Recipe For Free Stuff



I have returned to the couponing world.  

In this picture I paid:

$20.00 for all of the Olay lotions and facial cleanser
got $20.00 worth of gift cards free (one was a bonus because the cashier just decided to bless me.)
2 - Degree deodorants = $1.97 each and I had $2.00 of each = +$.06
2 - travel toothpastes = $.97 each and I had $1.00 of each = +$.06
4- Skittles Blenders candies = $.69 each and I had coupons for $3.00 off = +$.38


Shopping like this is addicting and it is fun to be doing it again.  Having baby Grace halted my fun for a time but she is growing and maturing so much that it has allowed me to get back into the groove.  Being up in Northern Minnesota limits the deals you can find because we don't have all of the stores that the cities have.  I use the couponing information from a web site called Pocket Your Dollar.  http://www.pocketyourdollars.com/  You can also find it on Facebook.  Through this site she will teach you how to coupon and what deals are at each store.  I get two Star Tribune Saturday Early Edition papers for their coupons.  (Make sure they have the coupon sections in them.)  Then, I check out Pocket Your Dollar to see what stores I should use the coupons at to get the best deals.  This site also teaches you how to store your coupons by date without having to cut all of them out.  I just don't have that much extra time to cut coupons.  When it comes time to start cutting, I pull the right ones out and Nicolas has become my faithful coupon clipper.  Together with the cooperation of the other children we are able to get to the store and enjoy great savings on many things that would normally be outside of our budget.


I have to say thanks to two of my friends for helping me get started again...
Julie DeWilde for helping me organize my clipping system better than it used to be!
Jenni Pearson for picking up the papers for me!
You two are wonderful, have blessed me, and I love you.


Happy Coupon Clipping!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Melinda - I have just recently become obsessed with free stuff. It is now my new hobby (perhaps that is a little pathetic, but it is fun!). In four to six weeks I should see a boatload of stuff in my mailbox! Good luck in your quest for free stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I would love if you would share how you get your free stuff. I feel the same way and it is far from pathetic. It is awesome!

    Thanks Julie for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use pocketyourdollars as well, plus a couple other websites (smartcouponing and sweetfreestuff). I'll let you know if I find any others I like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! Saving money is fun, getting free stuff is incredibly cool!!!

    ReplyDelete